Which Visa do I require?

If you want to live and work in Australia, you can do so on a temporary or permanent basis. These are some of your options if you:

Temporary Visas

  • Have an employer sponsor you with a Temporary Business visa
  • Are a skilled person willing to live and work in a regional area (this can lead to a permanent visa)
  • Have a specialist occupation such as doctor or entertainer
  • Are looking to retire or partially retire in Australia
  • Want to study full-time

Some temporary visa holders may be able to apply for permanent residence without leaving Australia

Permanent Visas

  • Have an employer sponsor you
  • Are highly skilled (can be sponsored by certain relatives, state government, or apply independently)
  • Are married or in a de facto relationship with an Australian, or engaged to marry
  • Are a parent of an Australian

Specialist Applications and Representations

You may also have specialised visa related issues. We can help you with these too, for example if you;

  • are ready to apply for citizenship
  • need to respond to a cancellation or refusal notice
  • need representation at a review tribunal
  • need to make a specialist waiver application
  • need to appeal directly to the Minister for special consideration

This is general information only, and is not legal advice. Please contact Career Up for further details or advice on your particular circumstances.